1 1/2 c Crushed plain vanilla
1/4 c Ground almonds
4 tb Confectioners' sugar
1/3 c Melted butter
1 ts Cinnamon
2 1/2 tb Brandy
FILLING: 2 1/2 tbsp. gelatin 1/4 c. water 3 eggs, separated 3/4 c.
milk 1 c. sugar 1 lb. cottage cheese 2 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice 2 1/2
tbsp. brandy 1 1/2 c. cream Nutmeg 1. Mix together the crushed
cookies, ground almonds, confectioners' sugar, melted butter,
2. Blend the gelatin with the water and allow to soak for 5 minutes.
3. Combine the egg yolks, milk and sugar in the top of a double
boiler. Mix well and put over simmering water. Cook, stirring
constantly, until mixture is thick.
4. Add the gelatin and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat.
5. Press the cheese through a strainer and beat with the lemon juice
and brandy. Mix into the cottage cheese mixture.
6. Beat the egg whites until stiff and whip the cream.
7. Fold both the egg whites and the cream into the cottage cheese
8. Pour into the prepared crust and chill until set. Serves 8.