1 1/2 c Crushed coconut cookies
2 1/2 tb Sugar
1/2 c Melted butter
FILLING: 1 1/4 tbsp. gelatin 1/4 c. water 3 eggs, separated 1/4
tsp. salt 1/2 c. milk 1/2 c. sugar 1/2 c. brown sugar 4 tbsp. lemon
juice 4 tbsp. orange juice 4 tbsp. grapefruit juice 1 1/2 tbsp.
grated lemon rind 1 lb. cream cheese 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla 1 c. cream 1
2. Soak the gelatin in the water for 5 minutes.
3. Mix the egg yolks with the salt and milk in the top of a double
boiler. Place over simmering water and cook, stirring constantly,
until thick. Remove from heat.
4. Add sugar, brown sugar and gelatin to the egg yolk mixture and
stir until the sugars and the gelatin are dissolved.
5. Add the juices and grated lemon rind. Cool until the mixture
begins to thicken.
6. Press the cream cheese through a strainer and beat with the
vanilla and cooled gelatin mixture until smooth.
7. Whip the cream and fold into the cream cheese mixture.
8. Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks and fold into the
9. Pour into the prepared crust and sprinkle with grated orange rind.
Chill for several hours or overnight. Serves 8.