1 1/2 c Crushed coconut cookies
1/2 c Desiccated coconut
1/2 ts Nutmeg
1/2 c Melted butter
FILLING: 3 eggs, separated 1 c. milk 1/2 c. sugar 1 1/4 tbsp.
gelatin 1/8 tsp. salt 1 1/4 tbsp. instant coffee powder 1 lb. cream
cheese 1/3 c. sugar 2/3 c. cream
COFFEE CREAM: 2/3 c. cream 1 1/2 tsp. instant coffee powder 1 1/2 tsp.
1. Mix together the crushed cookies, coconut, nutmeg and melted
butter. Firmly press on the bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform
pan. Chill until ready to use.
2. Lightly beat the egg yolks with the milk in a saucepan.
3. Mix in the sugar, gelatin and salt; heat until the sugar and
gelatin are dissolved. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in the instant coffee powder and cool.
5. Press the cream cheese through a strainer and beat with the
gelatin mixture until smooth.
6. Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Slowly add the
sugar and continue to beat until stiff. Fold into the cheese mixture.
7. Whip the cream and gently fold into the mixture.
8. Pour into the prepared crust and chill until firm.
9. Mix together the cream, instant coffee powder and sugar. Chill
for at least 30 minutes, then beat until thick. Spread on the top of
the cheesecake and serve. Serves 8.