2 c Crushed graham crackers
2 ts Grated orange rind
2/3 c Melted butter
FILLING: 2 eggs, separated 2/3 c. sugar 1 1/4 tbsp. gelatin 1/4
tsp. salt 1/2 c. evaporated milk 1 1/2 tsp. grated orange rind 12 oz.
cream cheese 1 1/4 tbsp. lemon juice 1/2 tsp. vanilla 4 tbsp.
Cointreau 1/4 c. sugar 2/3 c. cream
1. Mix together the crushed Firmly press on the bottom and sides of a
9 inch springform pan. Chill until ready to use.
2. Combine the egg yolks, sugar, gelatin, salt and evaporated milk
in the top of a double boiler. Place over simmering water and cook,
stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
3. Stir in the grated orange rind and cool.
4. Press the cream cheese through a strainer and beat together with
the lemon juice, vanilla and Cointreau.
5. Combine the cream cheese mixture with the cooled custard mixture.
6. Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Slowly add the
sugar and continue to beat until stiff. Fold into the cream cheese
7. Whip the cream until thick and gently fold into the mixture.
8. Pour into the prepared crust and chill until set. Serves 8.