2 c Crushed coconut cookies
2 ts Grated lemon rind
1/2 c Melted butter
FILLING: 2 grapefruit 3 oranges 3 eggs 2/3 c. sugar 1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 c. orange juice 1 1/4 tbsp. gelatin 1/4 c. water 1 lb. cream
cheese 1 1/4 tbsp. lemon juice 2 tsp. grated orange rind 1 tsp.
grated lemon rind 2/3 c. cream 1. Mix together the crushed cooki
2. Peel the grapefruit and the oranges and cut the segments into
3. Separate 2 eggs and combine the egg yolks, the remaining whole
egg, sugar, salt and 1 tablespoon of orange juice in the top of a
double boiler. Place over simmering water and cook, stirring
constantly, until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
4. Soak the gelatin in the water for 5 minutes. Stir into the warm
custard until dissolved.
5. Press the cream cheese through a strainer and beat with remaining
orange juice, lemon juice and rinds until smooth. Beat into the
6. Fold in the grapefruit and orange pieces.
7. Lightly whip the cream and beat the egg whites until they form
soft peaks. Fold the cream and egg whites into the cheese mixture.
8. Pour into the prepared springform pan and chill for several hours