3/4 c Macadamia nuts,salted
1/2 c Graham cracker crumbs
2 tb Butter or margarine,melted
1/2 c Sugar
1 pk Cream cheese (3 oz)
2 pk Cream cheese (8 oz)
4 Large egg yolks
3 tb Liqueur*
1 ts Vanilla
Whipped cream (opt)
Mint sprigs (opt)
1 1/4 c Passion fruit puree
1/3 c Sugar
1 tb Cornstarch
1/2 c Strawberries
1. In a blender, whirl 1/4 cup nuts until ground; scrape into an 8"
cake pan with removable rim. Add cracker crumbs, butter, and 1
tablespoon sugar; mix and press over pan bottom.
2. Chop remaining nuts. In a bowl, beat smoothly with a mixer the
remaining sugar, cream cheese, yolks, liqueur, and vanilla; scrape
bowl as needed. Mix in chopped nuts.
3. Spread batter onto crust in pan. Bake in 325'F. oven until cake
jiggles only slightly when gently shaken, about 40 minutes. Let cool
on a rack, then cover and chill until cold, at least 2 hours or up 1
4. Run a knife between cake and rim; remove rim. Spoon 2 tablespoons
lilikoi sauce ont each dessert plate; spoon strawberry sauce in dots
onto lilikoi sauce. Pull a knife tip through dots to make designs.
Set cake wedges on plates; garnish with cream, berries, and mint.
*** LILIKOI SAUCE ***
1. To make passion fruit puree, cut 24 passion fruit (about 2 pounds
total) in half; scoop pulp and seeds into a fine strainer over a
bowl. Rub firmly to remove all pulp from seeds; discard seeds. (For
frozen puree, call Gourmet France, Inc., at 818-768-4300; cost is
about $12 for 2 pounds, plus shipping.)
2. In a 1 to 1 1/2 quart pan, mix sugar and cornstarch; add puree.
Stir over medium-high eat until boiling, 4-5 minutes. Let cool; stir
occasionally. If made ahead, chill airtight up to 1 day.
*** STRAWBERRY SAUCE ***
In a blender, smoothly puree strawberries. Rub through a fine
strainer into a bowl; discard seeds. If made ahead, chill airtight up
to 1 day; stir to use.