2 c All-purpose flour
1/2 ts Baking soda
1/4 ts Salt
1 c Light brown sugar, packed
1/2 c White sugar
1/2 c Salted butter, softened
4 oz Cream cheese, softened
1 Large egg
2 ts Pure lemon extract
1 1/2 c Whole macadamia nuts,
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl combine flour, soda and salt. Mix
well with wire whisk and set aside.
3. In a large bowl blend sugars well with an electric
mixer set at medium speed. Add the butter and cream
cheese, and mix to form a smooth paste. Add the egg
and lemon extract, and beat at medium speed until
light and soft. Scrape down sides of bowl
4. Add the flour mixture and macadamia nuts. Blend at
low speed just until combined. Do not overmix.
5. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie
sheets, 2 inches apart.
6. Bake 23 to 25 minutes. Immediately transfer
cookies with spatula to a cool flat surface.
***** NOTE: If your oven temperature is off, as in too
high, and you don't realize it, these cookies will be
hard instead of soft and chewy. Reduce baking time
: Yield: 3 dozen