3/4 c Butter Flavor Crisco
1 1/4 c Brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tb Milk
1 tb Vanilla
1 3/4 c Flour, all purpose
1 ts Salt
3/4 ts Baking soda
1 c Chocolate chips, semi-sweet
1 c Pecan pieces, large *
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes Bake Time: 8 to 13 Minutes
* Note: If nuts are omitted, use 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate
1. Heat oven to 375 F.
2. Cream Butter Flavor Crisco, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large
bowl. Blend until creamy. Blend in egg.
3. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture,
gradually. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
4. Drop rounded TABLESPOONFULS ( about 2 measuring tablespoons ) of
dough 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
5. Bake at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies ( they will look
light and moist - DO NOT OVERBAKE ), 11 to 13 minutes for crisp
cookies. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Remove to cooling rack.
Makes 3 dozen 3 inch cookies.
Variations for Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies 1. DRIZZLE Melt 1 cup
semi-sweet or white melting chocolate with 1 teaspoon Butter Flavor
Crisco over VERY low heat or at 50% power in microwave. Stir well. If
too thick to drizzle, add a little more Butter Flavor Crisco to thin.
Drizzle from end of spoon back and forth over cookie. Sprinkle with
nuts before chocolate hardens, if desired.
To harden chocolate quickly, place cookies in refrigerator for a few
2. CHOCOLATE DIPPED Melt 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 cup
white melting chocolate cut in pieces with 1 teaspoon Butter Flavor
Crisco over VERY low heat or at 50% power in microwave. Stir well.
Spoon into a cup. Dip one end of COOLED cookie in chocolate. Sprinkle
with finely chopped nuts before chocolate hardens. Place on wax paper.
3. HOLIDAY DRESS-UPS Frost cookies with Creamy Vanilla Frosting.
Decorate with red and green candy coated chocolate pieces ( M&Ms ).
Creamy Vanilla Frosting Combine 1/2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco, 1 pound
( 4 cups ) confectioners sugar, 1/3 cup milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla
in medium bowl at low speed of electric mixer until well blended.
Scrape bowl. Beat at high speed for 2 minutes, or until smooth and
creamy. Frost COOLED cookies.